The 40902609 is an EN54-4:1997 +A1 +A2 approved power supply ideal for use in Fire and Smoke and ventilation control Systems. Its regulated 27.6V dc output will supply up to 5 Amps continuous into the load, in addition to providing up to 850mA for charging the standby batteries up to 17Ah. The power supply output features electronic short circuit protection under both mains and standby battery operation. Maximum battery life is assured through continuous active battery monitoring and the use of a two stage charger, comprising bulk and temperature compensated final float phase depending upon battery condition. Once fully charged the product operates in Eco power saving mode, whereby the batteries are charged for 4 hours in every 24 hour period while still being continuously monitored. This reduces wasted energy in charging already fully charged batteries and extends their working life. Deep discharge protection prevents premature battery failure when operating from standby for extended periods. Two sets of volt free solid state relay fault output signal
(i) loss of mains and (ii) battery fault, charger fault and loss of output. In addition there is an optional plug in serial interface that can provide diagnostic and fault reporting information to supervisory systems.
• Certified by UL to EN54-4:1997 +A1 +A2.
• Up to 5A current to load at 27.6V dc nominal regulated output.
• Charging capability to support 7 or 17/18Ah batteries.
• Electronic overload protection shuts down output until overload or short circuit is removed.
• Battery Monitor detects battery missing, low battery, short-circuit or reverse connection or circuit impedance (Ri) in excess of 500mΩ caused by connector or wiring problem/corrosion within 4 hours.
• Battery charging circuit is energised only when a battery is correctly connected, and the battery voltage is greater than 14 V.
• No loss of output during automatic connection of battery to load on loss of mains.
• Deep discharge protection disconnects battery from load when battery voltage falls below 21 V.
• Diagnostic indicator LED (Orange) (Internal).
• Fault indicator LED (Yellow) flashes on detection of output fault, battery fault, charger fault and mains failure.
• Mains indicator LED (Green) showing mains present Indicators check at start-up.
• Optional RS232 serial interface for fault reporting and diagnostics.
Input Supply…200-240VAC, 50/60Hz
Output Voltage Max…28.5VDC, Min 19.7VDC
Output Current…2.0A continuous load
Dimensions…425H x 406W x 125D
Weight…3Kg (without batteries)
Fault Output…Volt Free change-over contacts rated 1A @ 30VDC
Operating Temperature…-5°C to +40°C